Monday, November 19, 2012

We had some bad news today...

Just when it all seems to be falling into place, you're thrown another curve ball and told to readjust. again.

We received some news today that we would essentially be losing about $400 bucks a month. Now, that's a lot of money. Especially when we have literally every cent budgeted out each month.

I was devastated. And then numbed. And then thoughts started rushing through my head about how to get by, how was I going to find a job? How would we pay for daycare?

So even though I wasn't in the mood for it whatsoever, Jeff dragged me to the store to get food since our kitchen is currently full of carrots and... baby food. While we were there, a cashier stopped and talked to us about how cute maddie is.

Then out of nowhere, he (the cashier) told me to make sure this Thanksgiving that I really enjoy maddie's first holiday season, and to just live in the moment. Just be, he said. Too many people live waiting to get from point a to point b that they forget to enjoy the journey.

It was exactly what I needed to hear.

Thanks God, for sending me the message.

1 comment:

  1. that is such a hard message to remember! i have been thinking about the exact same thing lately...i feel like once we have a baby or more money or i have a career or whatever things will be better! but it really is good to live in the moment! post lots of pics of maddie's first thanksgiving!!! i'm sure it'll be so great!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day and leave a little note. :)