Sunday, December 30, 2012

Another new year

In the past few months, I haven't posted nearly as much as I would normally like to, but every year I always try to take the time to recap the year and make new resolutions. So here it is:

2012


  • had a baby (no big deal or anything) 
  • Moved to Saint Louis
  • Left behind some amazing friends in Utah
  • We were accepted to grad school, then the program was shut down, then we were re-accepted into a new, better program. (yay) 
  • Maddie started walking
  • Maddie's first word was mama!


  • In 2013... 
  • Maddie will turn one! And so soon, too!
  • Jeff and I will have known each other for five years.  
  • Jeff and I will start grad school! Jeff has actually realized that he wants to get his Phd in neuropsychology (as per my suggestion, goes to show I know him pretty well) so he may be transferring to the neuro program at UMSL during the year. 
  • I have decided to continue on to get my PhD at UMSL, so I may also be reapplying to become a doctoral student. 
  • Maddie will continue to grow faster than I can handle it.
  • WE WILL FINALLY GET A NEW CAR. Not that I don't just love our subaru that has 230,000 miles on it. (not an exaggeration. that is the literal amount of miles on our car.) 

New Years resolutions: 
  • send family and friends birthday cards. If you haven't done it already, can you click here to give me your address?
  • Get back to being healthy. We were doing really well there for a while, and then the holidays happened. Typical story. 
  • I'm considering starting a new blog about counseling. It's just an idea in my head right now, but I really do enjoy writing and I think it could help me focus my thoughts for my dissertation. What do you think?

    and now, enjoy this photo montage of our 2012: 
Unwrapping presents with maddie bear. We didn't get her much, but she LOVED this gift - a fake set of keys of her very own. 



moments after maddie was born

I miss days like these. 

packed up for the long move to missouri!

maddie's baby blessing

our new home!

pumpkin patch

Jeff and I started running here - Creve Coeur lake

during the move to missouri

maddie loves swimming

love this girl's smile.

maddie in her halloween costume







2 comments:

  1. YOU HAVE THE CUTEST BABY

    AHHHHHHHHHHH

    ReplyDelete
  2. busy year! she's adorable! my son just turned one and it flew by! get ready!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day and leave a little note. :)