Sunday, January 6, 2013

Why January is the worst month in the history of months.

Those faces about sum things up.
I have had a theory since I was about 16  - January is terrible.

If you're a student, classes start in September.
Halloween is in October.
Thanksgiving is in November.
The mother of all holidays, Christmas, is celebrated all December long. (and if you're like me and have a soul, celebrated during parts of November, too.)

But then January hits, and there is nothing to look forward to. No holiday. No sunshine. No warm weather.
It's a long, long month of freezing cold, sunsets at 5:30, and no twinkle lights.

'Tis the season to celebrate nothing, fa la la la la la la blah blah.

The Whiteley household is no exception. Jeff had to work from 9 pm - 9am last night. Maddie seems to sense whenever Jeff works an overnight shift and wakes up at 2:00 am to have a party. yaaay.
 When he got home today (a Sunday , I was looking forward to going to church and getting out of the house, only to be overwhelmed by sleep deprivation. When I woke up, he had to leave again for work.

I think our ward thinks we're inactive.

It's too cold to take maddie out to a park, and Jeff has the car all the time, so Maddie and I slump like vegetables in our house, desperate for some social interaction.

Grad school can't come soon enough.
and neither can a second car.
and neither can February.

3 comments:

  1. My birthday is in January and I still hate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blah! I have similar issues with January this year. No car, stuck inside a house, sleep deprivation, it's tough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Technically you're not inactive as long as you go once a month (so 12 times a year). ;)

    ReplyDelete

Make my day and leave a little note. :)