Tuesday, January 7, 2014

2014: A Season for Self-Care

2013 was pretty insane. 

- maddie turned one
- Jeff started a new job
- I started my Master's
- I applied for PhD programs
- I started working at the Crisis Nursery
- I started doing research again and subsequently got a book chapter publication deal
- I started a website  (we also have a Facebook page, a pinterest page, and a twitter account!) 
- I mastered Geriatric Pilates


If you take a look at that list you may understand why I am declaring 2014 a year for self-care. I just took on too much last year. 

My hopes for 2014: 

- I will take time to breathe. 
- I'll hope to get into a PhD program and be ok with no matter what happens. 
- I'll stop feeling guilty for not being a perfect mom.
- I will learn to laugh at stressful situations.
- I will listen to what my body is telling me. (meaning I should go to sleep now.)
- I will be healthy. 



One thing that continues to remain the same, I have an amazing family. Jeff continues to be the most amazingly supportive spouse who just gets me, my anxiety, and my sense of humor. Maddie is becoming the most incredibly hilarious little person. She has her daddy's looks, and her momma's personality. I love her. 


Here are some of the highlights from 2013!



















1 comment:

Make my day and leave a little note. :)