Friday, April 13, 2012

I've had a facelift...

To my blog! I wanted to clean up a lot of the clutter and make the blog cleaner. (now if only I could do the same to our apartment...)

In doing so, I wanted to pick a new name, because the old name, "Amber & Jeff", sounded as if Jeff contributed to it... which he does not.
He did, however, help me brainstorm ideas for names. I was pretty set on "Honest Babe" (like honest abe - get it?), but then I thought it sounded too cheesy.
I wanted to do something clever with our last names... but my sisters in law (or is it sister-in-laws?) have already come up with some unbeatable blog name puns - Red and Whiteley, and Snow Whiteley and the one dwarf.

Finally, I settled on One Blessed Blog, because lately I've been realizing how amazingly lucky I am. I have a loving husband who I couldn't adore more, the cutest baby you've ever seen (although I'll admit, I'm biased), a super fluffy dog, and bright future at grad school.
Madison's birth put everything into perspective for me. Talking with my doctors and midwives since then, I'm still not sure how I survived. It was nothing short of a miracle. And to think that if I hadn't, I would have missed all of this.

I am one blessed woman. 


3 comments:

  1. You are SO right--you are very blessed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my heck I love it! How did you make your super fun blog head? You're so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, I am NOT creative when it comes to blog stuff. I mean, I will never admit that it took me a ridiculous amount of time to make that header... haha. But that's really sweet of you to say so, Taylor! I've always thought your blog looked so grown up and chic. :) Oh, And I just used picnik!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day and leave a little note. :)