Sunday, April 15, 2012

The worst has happened.

I lost my wedding bands.

I actually lost them after Madison's birth. We took them with us to the Hospital, but haven't seen them since.

You know, when you get married, your wedding bands are everything. Everyone wants to see them, to analyze them, to talk about them. But more than that, they're a symbol of your endless commitment to the love of your life.

Which is why I should be freaking out. I should be running around the house screaming my head off, searching every corner of every nook and cranny.

But I'm not. My ring was just a thing. It was/is beautiful, but it's not the center of my life. My family is. and they make better accessories than some silly ring ever did.

3 comments:

  1. Whenever I get my ring cleaned and it's gone for 3-6 weeks I substitute with a CTR ring my sister gave me. Usually by the time I get my rings back I don't want to switch!

    A lady in my ward who lost her wedding ring went out and got a ring from those quarter machines. Now she has the biggest rock in the land, but hardly anyone knows it's a fake 25 cent piece of crap--because quarter machines really don't produce fine workmanship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet post. P lost his in the Dead Sea, so I know a bit of how you feel. Thank heavens he bought one of the cheaper models. If you do want to wear a ring (you know, so Jeff can't call you his mistress in the airport anymore), I second Mrs. Froh's suggestion. My twin sister has a cheap fake wedding ring that she wears whenever she's pregnant. She always gets compliments on it.

    BTW, can't wait until you guys get here. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh! I can't wait either! although Jeff was telling me that we'll hardly see you or Paul. Oh, and I think i am going to go buy a fake ring from target... but I'll probably still pretend to be his mistress. haha

      Delete

Make my day and leave a little note. :)