Friday, June 7, 2013

What have we been up to?

I realized that it has been a long time since I've posted about our life goals. I'm not sure that anyone even reads this, or cares (and who can blame you?) But, I like to think that someday when I'm old, I'll look back and read this on my super-high-tech spaceship, and laugh at how young and witty I was. (hi, future space self!)

This time last year we had just moved across the country, used up all of our savings, only to find out that the master's program I had been accepted to had been cancelled. We were so sad, so poor, and so devastated.

Currently, Jeff has an amaaaazing job as being one of the head honchos for a company that helps clients with developmental disabilities. He is the program manager, and the only person above him is the Vice President of the company. So yeaaaaah. He's kind of a big deal. I like to call his position, "super boss man", because it sounds so much cooler than his actual title.

(have I mentioned that he has his OWN office? with a WINDOW?? I mean, how adult can he be?)

We both are students at the 3RD best counseling program in the nation, and it is awesome, I LOVE it.

I have a few things going on in my life. Try to keep up.

1. Stay at home mom to a baby/toddlers. *when do babies officially become toddlers? Is it when they start flinging around their own poop? If so, my baby is officially a toddler.

2. At nights, I take classes. Sometimes I love them, sometimes, I'd rather be sleeping.

3. On weekends I work at the Saint Louis Crisis Nursery. I love what I do, and I love the whole mission and purpose of the crisis nursery, which is to help prevent child abuse... but I essentially leave my house full of dirty diapers, to go to work with more poopy diapers. (but I seriously do love it.)

4. I'm applying to get my PhD. This one should really be a declaration of insanity, because I'm realizing that I must be insane to want to continue to go to school for the rest of my life, but since starting my Masters in Counseling, I have realized that I really need a PhD in psychology in order to pay the bills, and in order to do what I want with my field. So I'm currently studying to re-take the GRE, and I'll be applying to PhD programs in the fall. Please send me some good vibes that just one of those schools decides to accept me!

And that's about it. I'll get to sleep one day, right?

This is a random picture of a Garden gnome I saw at  Target that somehow feels appropriate for this post.
(I'm now regretting my decision not to buy it. I mean, it was only 12.99, and it makes me laugh every time I see it. )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave a little note. :)