Saturday, November 6, 2010

Speeding through Turbulence

Sometimes I like to listen to General Confrence Talks online. Mostly because...they put me to sleep. That probably sounds awful! But the voices of those who speak are so soothing, it's easy for me to drift off to sleep.
Except for today. Jeff had to wake up early to go to work - on a saturday. yuck. Which means that he won't have a single day to sleep in this week! Poor guy.
So as he woke me while he was climbing out of bed, I asked him to turn on general confrence videos for me to listen to while trying to go back to sleep.
Jeff chose a good one - Elder Uchtdorf's talk, "Of Things That Matter Most".
He gives the analogy of planes - most people would think that when you hit turbulence, you would want to speed up, but the trick is to actually slow down to reduce turbulence.
I've got some major turbulence right now.
In all honesty, I haven't been happy this semester. 18 credits is just too much. I haven't had any time to do anything that I feel is personally important to me. Sure, they're little things, but not being able to do my little things make me feel like I'm of little value. Not being able to work out, gaining 15 lbs, not wearing makeup, never cleaning or doing laundry, not having a job - they're all just little things that make me feel like my life is spiraling out of control.
And I'm trying to rush through 18 credits. Maybe I need to slow it down and only take 15 next semester. After all, what worth is living if all you're living for is something in the future?
I understand that other people do more, handle more - but they're not me. I'm not handling this well. I'm just trying to speed up the plane through some major turbulence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave a little note. :)